- How much experience do I need to attend and what will I take away from the weekend?
- I'm already experienced as a dominant, what will I get out of it?
- I'm currently single, can I attend?
- Where is it taught?
- Who are the women who attend ForteFemme?
- Do I need to bring special clothing and equipment?
- How does this differ from Midori's two-hour workshops and classes?
- What's the optional field trip you mention?
- What's the lab time and what happens if I can't bring my partner?
- What's included in the class curriculum?
Whether you are a nervous novice or a seasoned veteran, this weekend provides you with depth and quality learning like nothing else. If you don't have any experience, you will be guided gently in the most supportive atmosphere to start your journey of discovery the right way. If you come with experience, expect to deepen your understanding, learn subtle new skills and be rejuvenated and energized in your passions. Come to the weekend with a desire to explore your own personal power and you will leave enriched. By the end of the weekend you will know what your own personal dominant femme style is, have learned how to project it, how to own your own power, and play skills including negotiating to get what you (and your partner!) want. The weekend is taught in a safe, supportive environment where you will be encouraged and supported but never asked to do more than you are comfortable with. BACK
I'm already experienced as a dominant, what will I get out of it?
No matter your experience level the weekend will give you new ideas, areas to explore, more insight into your own style and the chance to network with other women finding their femme power. Since the emphasis is not on just drilling technical skills, you'll have a chance to focus on exactly what kind of dominant you are/want to be without the "performance anxiety" of demonstrating new skills or having to provide an experience for one's partner. BACK
I'm currently single, can I attend?
Absolutely! This will prepare you fabulously for pleasure times to be shared with your future lovers and partners. BACK
Where is it taught?
San Francisco location:
At a beautiful private loft space in the South of Market area of San Francisco. It's huge, well-lit, an elegantly appointed home.
It's centrally located near many hotels and easy to access by car, taxi or public transit.
New York location:
An elegant private loft in the Murray Hill/Midtown South area. Discreet, comfortable and accessible. It's near many hotels and lovely restaurants. BACK
Who are the women who attend ForteFemme?
Students' ages cover a wide range, from their twenties to their fifties; most are in their thirties and upward. Their experience levels in SM vary widely from zero to very experienced. Some are involved in the SM cultures and communities, others have experience with other alternative erotic cultures, while many are not involved in either.
Most have college education and higher. Occupations range from medical, law, administrative, education, home makers and even students. From time to time, professional dominants even take this course to recharge their passion personal play time.
They are all women invested in finding what truly fulfills them and how to create passionate experiences with their partners. BACK
Do I need to bring special clothing and equipment?
This is entirely up to you! During the instruction times of Friday night, Saturday and Sunday morning, it's best to wear comfortable clothing.
If you have a pair of shoes you want to learn to flog in, do bring them.
If you have tools or toys you want to learn how to use better, please bring them.
If you have tools and toys you are particularly good at, please bring them to share your knowledge and experience
For the Sunday afternoon lab time, we encourage you to bring tools and toys you want to practice with. Additionally, bring clothing, shoes and any accessory that brings out your "power femme" - that place where you feel sexy and powerful. For some people this might be the genre of clothing considered "fetish wear", but for others it may be a suit or a favorite dress. BACK
How does this differ from Midori's two-hour workshops and classes?
In short, depth and personal access to Midori. Midori is highly experienced at imparting a lot of knowledge in 2 hours but this weekend gives her a chance to get to know all the students well and to tailor the curriculum to suit individual needs. You will be working hands on with Midori for the whole weekend including time for Q&A's, social time and also a chance to pull her aside and ask those "one on one" questions.
Often an experienced female teaching assistant will join, who is also there to help and answer questions.
Think of this as three days of concentrated "brain-dump" and coaching from Midori. BACK
What's the optional field trip you mention?
On Saturday evening Midori invites you to join her in a personally guided tour of kink with opportunity for fun and further education.
San Francisco field trip includes:
- Transport to the field trip and back to the ForteFemme venue. Arranged by need.
- Personalized shopping adventure at a renown local SM store. This is your opportunity to ask questions to Midori about any piece of equipment. The staff will be ready and willing to help you with any questions or request
- Dinner with Midori (at own cost at a reasonable priced restaurant with vegetarian options)
- Visit to a play party at local dungeon or kinky play space for free. If you've never been to an SM party, think of this as your guided urban safari to the fabled underground culture. Walk around with Midori or a facility ambassador, observe and ask any questions. No need to play - your only expectation is just to be polite. We'll stay for about an hour. If you're already familiar with play parties, this is your time to play or practice. If you wish to stay and play, please arrange your own transportation back to your accommodations.
- Wicked Grounds kinky café. We'll sit down at this excellent café and discuss the evening's adventures before turning in for the night.
New York field trip includes:
- Transport to the field trip and back to the ForteFemme venue. Arranged by need.
- Personalized shopping adventure at Purple Passion, an exceptional local fetish store. This is your opportunity to ask questions to Midori about any piece of equipment. The staff will be ready and willing to help you with any questions or request. The store will stay open just for us! Students and their partners will also receive a special ForteFemme 15% on any purchase during the evening, 10% coupon for future shopping, refreshments and special gifts.
- Dinner with Midori (at own cost at a reasonable priced restaurant with vegetarian options) BACK
What's the lab time and what happens if I can't bring my partner?
Sunday afternoon concludes with Lab Time for all students. This is a chance to put your new found knowledge and confidence into practice! The only requirement for graduation is a successful hypothetical negotiation of a play scene with your lab partner. This may be a scene that's entirely theoretical, one that can be played that day, or potentially at a future date. You are not obliged to do anything else although most students choose to at least practice skills and many take that opportunity to play. Some use this time to interview with greater skills their bottoms and submissive to hone their "mind-reading" skills and learn from experienced bottoms. No one is expected to be naked. There's no expectation for erotic or sexual interaction, although there may be scenes played by other students that include these elements. There are lovely discreet and private areas for the more modest as well as open areas to play for the more adventurous.
As a reference some of the scenes students have experimented with during previous ForteFemme Lab Times have include
- Various types of bondage
- Command Voice
- Protocol establishment
- Service orientated massage
- Pampering bath of the dominant
- Tea servicet
If you have a partner you can bring, great! Midori will still ask you to negotiate with your partner to show you've understood the negotiation skills taught during the weekend.
If you can't bring someone Midori will match you with a "training bottom" from her extensive network of trusted people. You will be matched with someone who enjoys the type of activities you want to explore within your gender/orientaion preferences. All scenes are conducted in the teaching suite and supervised by Midori and her teaching assistant. BACK
- Identifying your sources of pleasure & desired activities
- Language for better communicating your desires and pleasures
- Body language of confidence and power
- The Queen's Walk
- Finding your dominance archetypes
- Understanding and getting what you want
Play techniques covered include:
- Flogging and whip use skills that can transport both you and partner to bliss. With and without high heels
- Fundamental and effective bondage skills and tools
- Art of Erotic Spanking
- Other skills as requested by the students for a fully customized experience
- Creative negotiation technique that make you seem like a mind-reader and maximize pleasure while reducing blunders or disappointments.
- Planning and setting the scene
- Transition technique. How to shift from non-sensual ordinary interaction to deeply connected sensual SM play.
- Effective after care and transition out of play time.
- Bottom and submissive psychology
- Challenges and problems dominants encounter and how to resolve them
- We will also explore emotional and psychological issues of loving SM in a healthy relationship.
- Fully supervised and guided lab time to practice the "mind-reader" negotiation skill and other skills gained over the weekend BACK